Experience an old fashioned summer day in the small town of Rush Springs, OK (about one hour south of OKC) with their Watermelon Festival complete with carnival rides and family-friendly contests and games.
One of the most popular summer festivals in the state of Oklahoma, the Watermelon Festival and Rodeo hosts around 20,000 visitors each year and serving around 50,000 pounds of red, juicy watermelon varieties.
Rush Springs Watermelon Festival in Chickasaw Country
Head to Rush Springs for watermelon-themed activities, carnival rides and family-friendly entertainment complete with seed-spitting contest, an arts and craft fair featuring over 100 vendors, carnival rides, live entertainment, stage shows, on-site food vendors and a classic automotive show!
Jeff Davis Park
East on Main St
Rush Springs, OK 73082
Watermelon Festival Date
Saturday, August 12, 2023
Watermelon Festival Schedule
- 7:30 am – 5K Run
- 9:00 am – Open Ceremonies
- 9:30 am – Tiny Tots contest to select Little Mr. & Miss Rush Springs *local residents only
- 11:00 am – Registration for seed spitting begins
- 11:45 pm- Announce Tiny Tot Winners
- 12 – Seed Spitting contest
- 1:00 – 4pm- Live Music
- 4:00 pm – Free watermelon slices served ($1/slice prior to this time)
- 5:00 pm – Prize melon auction
- 5:30 pm – LiveMusic
- 7:00 pm – Watermelon Queen coronation
Things to Do in Rush Springs
- Check out the Dinosaur Roadside Ranch – local ranch housing a unique collection of junkyard metal artwork.
- Hampton House Museum – a two-story museum houses a fascinating collection of historic documents, memorabilia, and old photos of early-day Rush Springs. *Free admission
- Jeff Davis Park – the location of the Watermelon Festival, this local park has a playground, picnic tables, natural spring fountain, basketball courts, and more!
- For a bite to eat, be sure to visit Smoking’ Joe’s Rib Ranch for delicious BBQ and cobbler for dessert.