Did you know that National Ice Cream Day is TODAY, Sunday, July 17th?! I know, I know….there’s a National day for everything now. BUT do you really need an excuse to eat ice cream in the middle of the summer? No, no, you do not. National Ice Cream Day inspired me to list my top 5 favorite ice cream parlors in the OKC Metro! (These are in no particular order)!
My Top 5 Favorite Ice Cream Shops in OKC:
- Bibi’s Craft Ice Cream – This is located inside Birra Birra Craft Pizzeria in Chisholm Creek – you can’t beat pizza and ice cream! We love this one because once you get your ice cream, you can go outside and sit on the patio while your kids run around and play. They also have patio games like cornhole. It’s a fun family outing to beat the summer heat! Our family’s faves: Cookie Dough (mine) and Mint Chocolate Chip (my daughter’s)!
- The Baked Bear – This one is located in Yukon right off the highway (near our home). BUT there are also locations in Edmond, Midwest City, Norman, AND they have a food truck! This ice cream shop is fun because they offer custom ice cream sandwiches! You pick the cookie you want (or get 2 different cookies for the top and bottom!) and then pick an ice cream flavor to make your own customized ice cream sandwich! Pro tip: if you have trouble deciding, order the snickerdoodle cookies with cookie dough ice cream!
- Roxy’s Ice Cream Social – There are two locations to choose from! There’s one in the Plaza District, as well as one in Classen Curve. They offer cane sugar sodas, ice cream floats, sundaes, and ice cream sandwiches. They have many flavors to choose from and they’re so yummy! Roxy’s is great because I can rely on my tried-and-true (Single scoop of salted caramel) OR I can try something new – specials that change from month to month and vary by location!
- Cities Ice Cream and Capitals Ice Cream – Cities Ice Cream is located in Edmond and Capitals is located in OKC near Hall’s Pizza Kitchen. This is honestly some of the best ice cream I have ever had. Every single person who comes to visit us gets a trip here! I get the Cookies Conquer All and it is all I can think about some days!
- Spark – This is a fun new restaurant located in Scissortail Park. They offer custard and shakes with a wide variety of toppings. This is such a fun location with great food and ice cream. While you are there, make sure to try the pink fries!
I hope this gives you some fun inspiration to celebrate National Ice Cream Day with your family! It will definitely score you some “fun mom” points with your kids – you can thank me later.
What is YOUR favorite ice cream in OKC?! Tell us in the comments!