There are two things you should know about me. I love my family and I love to eat. So… when my husband’s job relocated us to Oklahoma from Texas, I immediately started making a bucket list of restaurants. I searched through social media and found a bunch of places that looked good! I should also mention that I have two kids…a 1-year-old and a 4-year-old. So, kid-friendly restaurants are a must for us! Since we have lived here (about 7 months), we have tried dozens of different OKC restaurants. These are our top 10 favorite family-friendly restaurants (in no particular order)!
- Hideaway Pizza – This was actually the very first restaurant we tried when we moved here! It quickly became our go-to pizza place! My husband is very picky about pizza, and he loves it too! The best part: VERY kid-friendly! I also love that you can customize your pizza however you want AND you can order half and half pizzas. My husband likes marinara sauce, but I LOVE their alfredo sauce. Win-Win!
- Gogo Sushi – I am actually not a sushi eater, however, I love chicken fried rice. My husband loves sushi, so we love to try out sushi restaurants together. Their fried rice was probably the best I’ve ever had. 10/10.
- The Collective – This one is actually a collection of different restaurants. Very family-friendly, especially if you can’t all agree on one place to eat! They also have a very nice patio for when the weather is nice (and a fire pit when it is cooler out). So far, we’ve tried The Fried Taco and Evolve The Burger. Both are so good and I would 100% recommend them!
- Chicken Foot – This restaurant is located in such a fun area! Not only is the food AMAZING, but it is also right next to a cute little ice cream shop. When we were there, there were people outside playing cornhole and enjoying the beautiful weather. I can not wait to go back!
- Ted’s Cafe Escondidos – All you need to know: FREE queso and sopapillas. Yes, you read that right! Along with your chips and salsa, you also get free queso. And then you get free sopapillas for dessert! I was sold with free queso. Also, kids eat free on Monday nights!
- The Lokal Yukon – This one is located in Yukon. It was delicious and very kid-friendly! I had the chicken fried chicken sandwich and oh my goodness, I’m still thinking about it.
- The Garage – This is actually the first restaurant I took my mom to when she came to visit us. She loves a good burger, so I knew she would love it – and she did! They also have arcade games in the back to keep the little ones entertained!
- Nashbird Chicken – We visited this restaurant most recently! Nashbird offers different levels of hot chicken. If you’re not into spicy, I got the least hot chicken with french fries. So good! Also, for all my ranch lovers out there: the ranch was amazing!
- BlueJ’s Rockin’ Grill – This restaurant is located in the food hall in Edmond. There are several other restaurants, but we have only tried this one. It’s another fun indoor/outdoor atmosphere with space for kids to run and play! BlueJ’s is also located right next to our favorite ice cream place, Cities Ice Cream! These are both must-tries!
- Hacienda Tacos – We visited the one in Midtown, and it was so fun! Midtown has become one of my favorite areas in OKC. Hacienda has such a fun atmosphere and the food was so good!
OKC Moms’ Favorite Family-Friendly Spots
We polled our audience, and here are a few others they mentioned they love!
Taco Nation *has a great playground in the back!
Pryor’s Pizza | Norman *has the best hang out set up outside!
I hope this gives you some inspiration for your next family night out! Let me know which ones you try and love! Also, educate me! Let me know what I should add to my bucket list!