Although it’s fun to dine out or go out for a fancy night on the town, it’s great to know there are also economical options for a date night in OKC. Below is a list of fun dates that focus on the time together instead of money spent.
Free & Cheap Date Night Ideas in OKC
1. Enjoy a stroll through Will Rogers Rose Garden.
It’s the perfect setting to pack a picnic and enjoy the roses and natural beauty while enjoying each others company.
2. Make your way through Martin Nature Park without a compass.
Maybe keep one with you just in case, but it’s a lot of fun to wander, put your feet in the water, and watch the animals in a habitat of their own nestled in the middle of the city.
3. There is always something fun and often free happening at the Myriad Gardens.
The above are FREE but if you happen to be there on a non-free event night, enjoy the scenery and let your fun side out in the park, where sliding down their out-of-the box slide will allow you to rethink your possibilities.
4. Bike ride, fly a kite, watch radio controlled airplanes, or golf at Lake Hefner.
For a minimal fee, you can practice your golf game on the 3 hole practice course at Lake Hefner or walk around the lake, fly a kite, or spend time together on the 3 hole practice course.
5. Enjoy an ice cream sandwich at Roxy’s Ice Cream Social.
All their ice cream is delicious but there is just something about eating a monster ice cream sandwich that is about the size of my face that makes anyone smile and enjoy the time with our significant other.
6. Take in art, music, and much more by attending these FREE events:
- Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk
- The 2nd Friday Circuit of Art in Norman
- Live! on the Plaza in OKC’s Plaza District
For a discounted admission to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, plan your visit on Thursday after 5pm. For extra fun bring a sketchbook along and try to recreate your favorite pieces of art or scenes from the night and visit the Roof Terrace Bar.
7. Enjoy live music and more at Full Circle Bookstore.
It’s the perfect place for yummy treats, great books, music, great conversation and during the winter, warm fireplaces. If you have a hankering for learning something extra check out one of many events or groups that is occurring throughout the week from book clubs to book signings.
8. Use your OKC Passes.
Many of us purchase passes to the Zoo, Science Museum, or Frontier City. Why not plan a date when you can use the pass without the kids! It’s always fun to play with your spouse so why not take advantage of the passes you’ve already purchased and enjoy the time without having to chase kiddos down too!?!
9. Pull out your dancing shoes and try Ball Room Dancing.
For about $10 (members) $15 (non members)/lesson on Friday nights, you can try dance lessons together. Truly, this is so much fun even, you’ve got to give it a try.
10. Play Frisbee Golf at one of the many OKC area parks.
- Will Rogers is centrally located
- Dolese Parks & Southern Nazarene are on the west central part of the city
- Wild Horse Park is on the southwest side in Mustang
- Mitch Park & OC’s campus on the north side in Edmond
- Woodson Park on the south side
What are some of your favorite inexpensive Date Night Ideas in OKC?