Thank you to Lewis Orthodontics for sponsoring this post and providing quality orthodontic care to families in the OKC Metro!
As moms, we have questions, and that is certainly the case when it comes to orthodontic questions about braces. There is so much to think about!
Dr. Lewis and her team are thrilled to be doing what they love in now two locations – giving OKC Metro residents a reason to smile! Dr. Lewis and her talented team are very passionate about her role in transforming smiles within the community, viewing every day as a new opportunity to create a fun, enjoyable atmosphere for her patients. Dr. Lewis is committed to preserving that same sense of fun and community while prioritizing the safety and health of both her patients and her team to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and secure coming back into the office.
Now serving the Metro community in two locations, Edmond and Midwest City, here are a few frequently asked questions about what you can expect at your first visit with Lewis Orthodontics.
Top 5 Orthodontic Questions Answered from an OKC Orthodondist
1. Why see an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is trained with the skills needed to correctly realign your jaw and impact the way your teeth grow. A dentist may be able to brighten your smile, but an Orthodontist can work on facial bone structure and realign teeth to make your smile straight. Dr. Lewis is a specialist and is dedicated to getting your smile just right!
2. What age is appropriate for my child’s first Orthodontic visit?
Like the soda, 7up! The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a child’s first visit with an orthodontist take place around age 7. Although 7 may seem young, Dr. Lewis can recognize orthodontic issues before they get too severe, minimizing invasive surgeries or complex treatment.
3. What can you expect at your initial Orthodontic visit?
Dr. Lewis will look for issues such as crowding, spacing, protrusion or impaction of teeth, and any jawbone abnormalities. Any habits, such as repetitive tongue movements or thumb sucking that can impact tooth movement will also be assessed.
4. Braces or Clear Aligners?
This is a question we get ALL the time at Lewis Orthodontics. There are pros and cons of each. We are happy to discuss the difference in treatment at your visit, but here is some info that can help you make a more informed decision before your assessment.
• Straightens teeth
• Great for severe bite issues
• You don’t have to remember to swap out your trays
• You don’t have to remember to put them back in after meals
• Can’t remove, and they are working 24/7
Clear Aligner Pros:
• Straightens teeth
• Great for minor and regular realignment needs
• Perfect for working adults
• Completely clear
• Easier to clean
• Easier for hygienist to clean
• Can eat what you want
• Fewer office visits
• Braces must be adjusted every 6-8 weeks, meaning more office visits
• Clear braces are not totally clear
• Braces are on for the duration of treatment
Clear Aligner Cons:
• You must swap out trays every 2 weeks
• Remembering to place aligners back in after meals
• Food and drink can stain aligners
• Food and drink can cause cavities if you eat or drink with aligners in your mouth
5. How much is Orthodontic treatment?
The truth is that the cost of braces and Invisalign can vary and is based on the severity of each individual case. The good news? Lewis Orthodontics offers affordable financing to cater to individual household needs. The cost of orthodontic braces should not stand between you and a picture-perfect smile!
Hopefully these FAQs make you feel more comfortable with Orthodontic treatment. Here at Lewis Orthodontics we are dedicated to informing and treating all our patients with the best care possible. Call us at (405) 330-5095 or schedule an appointment on our website today!